Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sometimes I Watch Movies

So today I realized that I have watched about 45 movies from 2010. That seemed a bit low so I looked at all the movies made in 2010 and decided that I would like to watch 30 more from the 2010 bucket. Some of the movies I have watched and plan to watch probably should end up in a bucket of... well my family reads this so I won't finish that part. It's funny though how some of these movies that are quite terrible, I actually find them entertaining me. Sometimes entertaining me because I actually like them and others entertaining me because they are so awful they are good. I actually name these movies simply "Awfully Good" movies. The best way I can explain why I like these movies is to get sidetracked.




I have a friend who is a mechanical engineer. He knows a lot and will prove it to you anytime you ask him a question. However he explains his answers in such detail that most of the time you don't know what you asked him in the first place. Being a third party to such an event is very funny. In fact during a time in our friendship you could say that when he tried to be funny it didn't work out, but when he happened to be in these situations they were so amusing that we had to give them a name, which is a "Miss Hit". This actually became his style of humor, we would actually make such dry or terrible jokes that they would make us laugh. Now when I watch these "Awfully Good" movies it is a lot like the "Miss Hits" my friend says. If that doesn't explain why I like terrible movies then I probably don't like you.


I also should add, that this friend I just spoke of (assuming he will read this.) is a great guy. Honestly he has gotten a lot better at not explaining things like an engineer. He actually makes really funny jokes that were not supposed to be terrible. He is one of my favorites.

Ladies you should date him. He is really smart and is a hard worker. He has his Masters in Mechanical Engineering from USU. His name is Power D, A.K.A. David Aldous.

No comments:

Post a Comment