Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sometimes I Like Movies

Well since I just talked about how many movies I've watched from 2010 I will give you my top ... movies of 2010 (that I have seen so far). I know that I have a few friends who have degree's in film who may read this. I say to you, don't judge me. However feel free to comment.

1. The Social Network

Considering that when I heard this movie was coming out, I thought "How could this even be a good movie? Who would want to watch a movie about Facebook?" As soon as the first scene was over I knew I was wrong. Jesse Eisenberg is incredible as Mark Zuckerberg! Now all the actors were great in this movie, but Eisenberg played Zuckerberg so well that I was wishing the movie was longer than 2 hours.

2. The Fighter

Again this was a movie that I was not sure would be that great. I know that Christian Bale is a great actor and Mark Wahlberg can be really good when he tries. I guess I was worried it was going to be another Rocky... I mean boxing movie. Honestly if you hate your mom, have a large family of sisters who try to control your life or a dead beat brother, this movie will make you feel better about them. Mark Wahlberg does well in this movie, but Christian Bale excels.

3. True Grit

As soon as I heard this movie was being made and that it was being made by the Coen brothers I was excited to see it. I love the original, and the Coen's made it great without ruining the first. Jeff Bridges blew me away with how well he played a drunk, bad ass marshal. Hailee Steinfeld was also really great. I am surprised at how well she did for how young she is. I feel Matt Damon could have done better, but he certainly didn't do a terrible job.

4. Inception

I remember hearing one of my friends wonder why the trailer for this film started showing up nearly a year before it came out. I quietly answered his question to my self that it was going to be a good movie, that's why. This movie had a great cast, a great story and a great director. I was blown away by the effects, the acting, and how well the story kept my attention.

5. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

I'm sure a lot of people wonder why this is #5. Honestly there were probably other movies out there that were made better, had better acting, or a more complex, meaningful story. I just really can't help how much I enjoyed this movie. I know it is not great, but my enjoyment from this movie was a lot higher than some of the other movies I watched this year. Also, unless you have a film degree, I don't care why you think this should not be here or why it should be higher. Although anyone can still comment. Hopefully there will be some good hateful discussions.

2 comments:

  1. Even though you haven't seen Black Swan, that should be on there, its pretty freaking good I must say, even though I haven't seen social network and the fighter, I'd agree that they are on this list

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only seen two of those movies. I liked True Grit but I thought Inception was overrated. It was a good movie, especially for a summer release, but it wasn't as mind-bending or confusing as I thought. I could probably get by never seeing it again. (Also, sometimes a movie advertises way in advance and then performs really poorly in the box office. Sometimes they're trying really hard to hype up a movie that's going to inevitably bomb. It doesn't always mean it's going to be great.)

    ReplyDelete